Sunday 17 February 2013

White bread

Lately I have been experimenting with white bread and personally I enjoy a good loaf of crusty bread. 

Whilst the process of bread making is absolutely enjoyable it is an art that I have yet to fully understand let alone master it. It seems the key to bread making is the ability to judge the degree of gluten development and also the degree of final proofing achieved prior to baking. Anyway despite all that I still enjoyed eating my bread especially when it's lightly toasted in the oven for a few minutes. I can't wait to eat my hickory BBQ turkey sandwiches for lunch tomorrow. :)
 



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Cheers Noelle. They looked good to me but the crust was not perfect and neither was the crumb. I've got more work cut out for me to improve my loaves. :)

      Delete
  2. Looovely! I'd like to see some photos of them sliced!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crumb really wasn't up to scratch so I decided to omit its snapshot. I'll be baking a sourdough bread this weekend so I'll make sure I post that one instead if it turns out well. :) I can't wait!

      Delete

Comments and feedback are what keep me going! I'd always be happy to help you with questions you have regarding the recipes in my entries.