Saturday 16 March 2013

Updated to-bake list

Sweets

Fraisier Cake
Entremet with Joconde Imprint
Strawberry entremet
Whipped Cream Cake with a soufflé base
Mille Crêpes - (failed) - Tried this once but the cream was too sloppy and the crêpes too thick, making it impossible to slice through the layers. We ended up eating it layer by layer, which tasted great. That said it was a failure as it wasn't how it should be.
Mille Feuilles
Vanilla Tart
Triple Chocolate Mousse slices
Macaron Cake 
Mango Cheesecake
Strawberry Charlotte
Mont Blanc
Plaisir Sucré
Éclairs (I've made this before but forgot to take pictures!)
Fruit Tarts
Strawberry and Pistachio tart
Pear and Frangipane Tart - (New) Found this recipe on an amazing blog called 'use real butter'. Do head there and have a look but bewarned, you could easily spend a whole day in front of your computer.
Flapjacks - (New) Well I do live in the UK after all.


Macarons

Rosemary and Milk Chocolate Ganache
Lemon Buttercream
Chocolate and Chilli Ganache
Jasmine and Rose Ganache (hopefully not tasting soapy!)
Coffee with Nutmeg and Cinnamon
Lavender (New) - I found an amazing online shop called 'Sous Chef' which sells lavender and bergamot essential oils for baking. I'm sooo glad to have finally found a place that sells these exotic extracts. I also found powdered food coloring on that website which would be ideal for macarons. I can finally make brightly coloured macaros for once!!(all the professional patisseries use powdered coloring)
Bergamot (New)

Savouries

Sourdough artisan bread - (Sort of) - I've had success with the hybrid version of this sourdough bread but as I'm new to bread baking I will continue to bake it until I can get a consistent result. :)
Baguettes (perfectly shaped with airy crumb)
Sourdough Baguettes!
Savoury Danish (Cheese and Ham)

2 comments:

  1. Love it. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

    I'm going to try this soon: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/08/dining/081mrex.html?_r=0

    I've got some ferment going at the moment, ready to make baguettes tomorrow then I'm going to try the Weekend Bakery 80% hydration this weekend.

    I need a to-bake list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes it definitely helps having a to-bake list. It makes you feel good just going through the list when you're stressed as you know there is light at the end of the tunnel. :)

      Most artisan bread are made using the so-called 'no knead' method. The stereotype of a baker sweating away kneading dough is certainly not true when it comes to artisan bread making as long as you have a stand mixer of some sort (doesn't even have to be kitchen aid). You simply let the slow and long fermentation do the work for you as it develops the gluten naturally.

      Not sure if you've seen this website before but it's uber useful when it comes to baking bread.

      http://www.thefreshloaf.com/

      I think I'm slightly addicted to it at the moment. I just spent the whole of today reading a recipe called Hokkaido milk bread which is apparently the softest sandwich bread in the world. Anyway I digress. I hope you'll find that website useful.

      Kong

      Delete

Comments and feedback are what keep me going! I'd always be happy to help you with questions you have regarding the recipes in my entries.