Thursday 24 May 2012

The countdown has started

I will be sitting for my second to last paper tomorrow and I cannot wait for it to be over! The paper after that does not test one's factual knowledge which means my revision pretty much ends the minute I finish the exam tomorrow!!!!!
That can only mean one thing, it's BAKING TIME! I've decided to make profiterole swans tomorrow filled with creme patissiere and creme chantilly! Everyone loves profiteroles, but fingers crossed I will be able create swan like figures out of the choux buns that I make. The unusually warm weather in England at the moment is worrying me a little, however. Most pastries do not tolerate warm temperatures well and I have been wanting to make puff pastries and croissants for a while now. I'm aware that I will not be the most popular person if I were to ask for drop in temperature but hey croissants are more important! One more thing, my flatmate has agreed to be my lab rat cum biological hoover so now I have one less worry of getting people to finish my bakes!


2 comments:

  1. Wish I could try your bakes, provided it will not fattened me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a slice of cake once a week is about right.

    ReplyDelete

Comments and feedback are what keep me going! I'd always be happy to help you with questions you have regarding the recipes in my entries.