Wednesday 16 May 2012

Exams, exams, exams...

It's exam season and I've got four papers coming up having just done one on Monday. I've got another paper this week, two more next week and by then I would be relatively free as the last paper can't be prepared for. Would definitely like to bake something then. The trouble is to find a recipe from the my two-page long to-bake list.



Potential bakes:
1. Pate a choux a.k.a profiterole Swans with creme patissiere and creme chantilly
2. Sachertorte
3. Lemon meringue tartlettes (purely because I just bought four tartlette tins from lakeland online in the midst of revision! Hmm..)
4. Chocolate and caramel cake: A friend made this last time and it was one of the best cakes I've ever had. I was lucky to get hold of the recipe in exchange of my macaron recipe)
5. Macarons with exotic flavours like olive oil, chilli or sweet corn. :D

Or things I've baked before but not yet perfected:

1. Creme caramel
2. Vanilla souffle cheesecake

A decision has to be made...or am I thinking too far ahead of time? I won't have time to bake anything until after the paper on next Friday after all.

In hindsight I don't think I can make any lemon meringue tartlettes yet since I have yet to find a good blowtorch. I have heard lots of negative reviews regarding kitchen blowtorches. Where's the DIY shop B&Q when you need them.

2 comments:

  1. Exams v. baking. They are very similar because it's the results that counts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that. Never realised exams and baking actually share something in common. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments and feedback are what keep me going! I'd always be happy to help you with questions you have regarding the recipes in my entries.